The Edo state 2020 Governorship election is set to hold on the 19th of September and here is a guide on how to check official results from various polling units in real-time.
According to INEC the portal would allow for more transparency in the electoral process.
As we all know, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) recently introduced a dedicated portal to check election results uploaded from various polling units in real-time, and many Nigerians have been wondering how they would access the portal to check the results.
The introduction of the portal was announced on Thursday last week by INEC’s National Commissioner and Chairman of Information and Voter Education Committee, Mr Festus Okoye.
Okoye, while appearing as a guest on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics, said he believes INEC should be commended for taking a step further to ensure transparency in its conduct of elections in the country.
He described the portal as a new step to further strengthen Nigeria’s election management process.
How to view election results on INEC portal in 10 easy steps
- Visit https://inecelectionresults.com
- Click on “Create new Account?”
- Fill in your details in the form provided and click on “Sign in”
- Provide your State of Origin and click on “Continue”
- An account activation email is sent to the email address provided in the form
- Check your email and correctly copy out the activation code which will be entered into the textbox provided on the portal
- Click on “Activate”
- This logs you into the portal and you can select the Election whose PU results you are interested in viewing
- You can use the filter buttons to make the search easier.
- Please remember to log out of the portal after use.