President Donald Trump has finally announced the winners of his inaugural Fake News Awards.
The winners were announced in a blog post on the GOP website, and features 11 winners.The New York Times is featured twice, CNN four times, and ABC News, TIME, Washington Post, Newsweek all featuring once.
The list of 11 was wrapped with Trump describing the alleged Russian interference with the 2015 elections as “the greatest hoax ever perpetrated.”
Find below the of winners:
- The New York Times’ Paul Krugman claimed on the day of President Trump’s historic, landslide victory that the economy would never recover.
- ABC News’ Brian Ross chokes and sends markets in a downward spiral with false report.
- CNN falsely reported that candidate Donald Trump and his son Donald J. Trump, Jr. had access to hacked documents from WikiLeaks.
- TIME falsely reported that President Trump removed a bust of Martin Luther King, Jr. from the Oval Office.
- Washington Post falsely reported the President’s massive sold-out rally in Pensacola, Florida was empty. Dishonest reporter showed picture of empty arena HOURS before crowd started pouring in.
- CNN falsely edited a video to make it appear President Trump defiantly overfed fish during a visit with the Japanese prime minister. Japanese prime minister actually led the way with the feeding.
- CNN falsely reported about Anthony Scaramucci’s meeting with a Russian, but retracted it due to a “significant breakdown in process.”
- Newsweek falsely reported that Polish First Lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda did not shake President Trump’s hand.
- CNN falsely reported that former FBI Director James Comey would dispute President Trump’s claim that he was told he is not under investigation.
- The New York Times falsely claimed on the front page that the Trump administration had hidden a climate report.
- And last, but not least: “RUSSIA COLLUSION!” Russian collusion is perhaps the greatest hoax perpetrated on the American people. THERE IS NO COLLUSION!
The Fake News Awards was organized by President Donald Trump to mock media outfits that gave wrong notion of his administration to the American public.