Cyril Ramaphosa bursary opportunity is here. Read below for application form, Cyril Ramaphosa bursary requirements, how to apply and finance your education.
About Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) Bursary:
Cyril Ramaphosa started assisting students from disadvantaged backgrounds with bursaries to attend university in 1996. The funding was earned from his public speaking engagements and in 2000, the Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) was established.
Today, the CRET is an independent non-profit organisation of the Cyril Ramaphosa Foundation.
The Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust supports determined young South Africans from challenging backgrounds, to gain access to local learning institutions that offer recognised qualifications that will enhance employment prospects.
CRET assists students from financially disadvantaged background who have strong academic results but cannot be able to afford to study further.
From an initial commitment to sponsor five students studying towards business degrees, CRET has flourished to reach a record 65 bursary recipients by 2017.
Cyril Ramaphosa Bursary Requirements:
Before applying, applicants must satisfy the following minimum Cyril Ramaphosa bursary requirements/entry criteria. Failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered.
- Applicant must be a South African citizen
- Between 16 and 30 years old
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or have applied to study towards an undergraduate qualification (NOT postgraduate)
- Studying or have applied to study at a recognised and accredited institution in South Africa
- Strong academic record
- Leadership skills
- Empathetic ability
- Strong developmental communication skills
- Proven financial need
- The Cyril Ramaphosa Bursary is open to students in any field of study (provided that the studies are no longer than 5 years).
- Preference will be given to applicants studying towards essential and scarce skills (per the Department of Labour, SETAs and labour and economic advisors)
- The CRET bursary coverage will be based on students needs, but may include the following: tuition fees, prescribed books and other study materials, meals, accommodation and a living expense allowance (if motivated).
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY:
- Download and complete the CRET Bursary Application Form (.pdf) here
- Submit clear copies of the required supporting documents along with your completed CRET application form.
Cyril Ramaphosa Bursary Supporting Documents:
(Please note that the submission of these documents is compulsory. Your application will be disregarded if any one of them is missing)
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric mid-year, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric mid-year AND final results, if completed Matric (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (payslips if employed certified copies/ proof of pension or grant if applicable)
- Testimonial from an educator or community official
- Motivational essay (explaining why you deserve to be awarded the bursary, the support you expect to receive from the bursary and life values)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “CRET Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
Cyril Ramaphosa bursary closing date:
– 30 November 2018.
Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER:
Contact the Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust directly on these phone number, email for any queries related to this bursary programme:
- Tel: 011 592 6560
- Email: email@example.com