Correctional Services Learnership Application Form 2018 – 2019 is available for download here. Read below how to apply and finance your future.
The Correctional Services learnership opportunity is given by the South African Department of Correctional Services (DCS) every year as part of the government’s National Skills Development Strategy to create skills and ease poverty and unemployment.
Only those with the necessary qualifications required to study for the Further Education and Training (FET) Certificate in the Corrections Services Learnership (NQF Level 4) have the DCS Learnerships open to them.
In the learnership, both theoretical and practical training in how to contribute to the rehabilitation of prisoners is taught. As a trainee, you will be taught how to do this via correction and human development inhumane, secure and safe detention or under community-based correctional supervision.
Learners earn a stipend of R3 500-00 per month for the duration of the learnership. The duration is 1 year.
Correctional Services Learnership Criteria:
- Applicant must be a South African citizen
- Applicant must be in possession of a Standard 10/Grade 12 Certificate; or Be in possession of a Further Education and Training Certificate NQF (Level 4); or Have successfully completed the National Certificate in Vocational Studies (NQF Level 4)
- Applicant must be between the ages of 21 and 35 years
- Applicants must not have a criminal record (if you have a criminal case pending against you, you must provide all the details when applying.)
- You need to have a strong character
- Preference will be given to applicants who have additional qualifications such as a Trade or Occupational-based Certificate, Diploma or Degree related to Security/Corrections. Any such additional qualifications will not be considered in the payment of the stipend paid to learners during the learnership or for further salary/wage purposes.
How to get Correctional Services Learnership Application Form 2019:
You can get the Correctional Services Learnership Application Form 2019 aka Application for Admission to a Learnership in DCS form from the Department of Correctional Services website – www.dcs.gov.za or from any Correctional Services Office.
Get the Correctional Services Learnership Application Form here. On the website, under Forms, click on the “Internship/Learnership Application Forms” link.
The form should automatically download to your computer.
PLEASE NOTE – the application form is not available for download at the moment
Applications for this learnership will open later in the year, normally around November or December. You can keep checking whether the learnership is open for applications yet by checking the Vacancies page on the DCS website.
- When applying for the learnership make sure that you sign the application form yourself.
- Attach certified copies of your certificates and Identity Document (these copies must have been certified within the last 3 months – you can get this done at any Police Station)
- Application forms that are late or unsigned will not be accepted
- Photocopied forms will not be accepted
- Faxed or e-mailed forms will not be accepted
- Remember that during your workplace training you will be responsible for your own accommodation, transport, and meal costs. It is thus suggested to apply for a learnership in the Region or Management Area closest to where you live.
Completed Correctional Services Learnership application forms with all necessary attached documents can be mailed (posted at the post office) or hand-delivered to the Regional Commissioner at the Management Office nearest to where you live. You can find the address and contact details of your nearest Management Office.
For more information regarding Correctional Services Learnership for 2018 – 2019, contact The Regional office details are indicated below.
EASTERN CAPE REGION:
St. Albans (Ref: E01/2017)
Amatole (Ref: E02/2017)
Kirkwood (Ref: E03/2017)
East London (Ref: E04/2017)
Sada (Ref: E05/2017)
Mthatha (Ref: E06/2017)
The Regional Commissioner Eastern Cape. Recruitment Section, P/Bag X9013, East London.
Block E Ocean Terrance
Mr S Twani: (043) 706 8784
FREE STATE AND NORTHERN CAPE
Groenpunt (Ref: E07/2017)
Grootvlei (Ref: E08/2017)
Colesburg (Ref: E09/2017)
Kimberley (Ref: E10/2017)
Upington (Ref: E11/2017)
Goedemoed (Ref: E12/2017)
Bizzah Makhate (Ref: E13/2017)
The Regional Commissioner Free State and Northern Cape, Recruitment Section, P/Bag X20530, Bloemfontein, 9300.
103 Zastron Street
Ms M. Maile: (051) 404 0277
Leeuwkop (Ref: E14/2017)
Pretoria (Ref: E15/2017)
Baviaanspoort (Ref: E16/2017)
Zonderwater (Ref: E17/2017)
Johannesburg (Ref: E18/2017)
Boksburg (Ref: E19/2017)
Modderbee (Ref: E20/2017)
Krugersdorp (Ref: E21/2017)
The Regional Commissioner Gauteng, Recruitment Section, P/Bag X393, Pretoria, 0001.
04 Ketjen Street
Pretoria West (Kgosi Mampuru II
Ms Sibongile Mkuzangwe: (012) 420 0146
KWA-ZULU NATAL REGION:
Durban (Ref: E22/2017)
Kokstad (Ref: E23/2017)
Pietermaritzburg (Ref: E24/2017)
Ncome (Ref: E25/2017)
Empangeni (Ref: E26/2017)
Glencoe (Ref: E27/2017)
Waterval (Ref: E28/2017)
The Regional Commissioner Kwa-Zulu Natal, Recruitment Section, P/Bag X9126, Pieter maritzburg, 3201.
Eugene Marie Road
Ms Rajashree Moodley: (033) 355 7359
LIMPOPO, MPUMALANGA AND NORTH WEST REGION:
Polokwane (Ref: E29/2017)
Barberton (Ref: E30/2017)
Bethal (Ref: E31/2017)
Klerksdorp (Ref: E32/2017)
Rooigrond (Ref: E33/2017)
Rustenburg (Ref: E34/2017)
Thohoyandou (Ref: E35/2017)
Witbank (Ref: E36/2017)
The Regional Commissioner Limpopo, Mpumalanga & North West, Recruitment Section, P/Bag X142, Pretoria, 0001.
Proes & Paul Kruger Street
198 Masada Building
Pretoria, South Africa
Mr Eddie Nhlengethwa: (012) 306 2025
WESTERN CAPE REGION:
Drakentstein (Ref: E37/2017)
Allandale (Ref: E38/2017)
Brandvlei (Ref: E39/2017)
Pollsmoor (Ref: E40/2017)
Goodwood (Ref: E41/2017)
Southern Cape (Ref: E42/2017)
West Coast (Ref: E43/2017)
Voorberg (Ref: E44/2017)
Overberg (Ref: E45/2017)
Breede River (Ref: E46/2017)
The Regional Commissioner Western Cape, Recruitment Section, P/Bag X1, Edgemead, 7407.
Breede River Street
Mr F. Ngcanga
(021) 550 6078
Head Office Security (HO 01/2017)
Zonderwater College Security (HO 02/2017)
Kroonstad College Security (HO 03/2017)
Private Bag X136
124 WF Nkomo Street
Ms Rose Sekotlong
(012) 305 8591
The Department of Correctional Services is an equal opportunity employer and the provisions of the Employment Equity Act shall be taken into consideration during the selection for the enrolment to the learnership.
After submitting your Correctional Services Learnership Application Form, note that correspondence shall only be restricted to shortlisted candidates and subsequent successful candidates.
Should you not be contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application for the learnership was been unsuccessful.