Popular singer MC Galaxy, in his reaction to an allegation against him requesting that a girl go naked on live video with him on Instagram, has said the claims will have no effect on his music career.
MC Galaxy who spoke in an interview with The Punch, expressed how shocked he was when he received insults, adding that he never asked the girl to go naked on the live chat.
“I do a live video call with my fans every Friday between 10 and 11pm sometimes; it is an avenue to show what they can do. All they do is call in and some of them rap, sing, and dance. I didn’t put a price tag on anything the first time I did it till someone impressed me with her dance and after the whole thing, I said I would give her N20, 000.
“On this day, different people called in, some were dancing and singing; so I was out to see who was going to be the baddest that night. I didn’t even mention any amount at all. One lady called in and rapped and I told her she might be the winner for the night but didn’t mention any price tag. They knew I was definitely going to give them money.
“The next thing I saw was a girl who called in naked. I was shocked and scared so I dropped the call. My fans started telling me through the comment section that they wanted her and that I should pick her call. So she called back and I picked her call and she started dancing. I read comments out on my live show regularly, so my fans were the ones saying I should tell her to show her backside.
“I was just reading all those comments out; I even forgot it was a live video chat at some point. My friend now dropped a comment that he was willing to give the girl that danced naked N50, 000. I read out his comment and I mentioned that for this prize, she was now contestant number 1 and I announced that if there was anybody that could dance better than her, (they should reveal themselves).
“That was how it happened; the next thing was that they changed the whole thing. Now they are saying I told girls to strip for N50, 000; if I want strippers, I will go to a club in Lagos and I will see enough strippers,” he said.
“I didn’t even bother to read the comments. It wasn’t an easy time for me because it was about females; most of my fans are girls. Even my Instagram statistics show that 70 per cent of my fans are girls while the other 30 per cent are men. I am not scared that it can damage my career; nothing can damage my career.
“I am too blessed for anything in this life to damage my career. Even if someone writes something to damage my career, they are only promoting me.
Even the girl that won the money wrote on her status that she was the proud winner of N50, 000 (and) that Nigerians are hypocrites.“I was scared to do the live video after that, but people encouraged me to continue. When I tried it yesterday, I jokingly said no one should go Unclad again, and everybody laughed. It doesn’t stop my giveaway though. Some fans also give people cash gifts on my live videos,” he added.