One made was reported dead as the cause of the Balogun market fire was revealed.
According to some reports, the man who was killed in the fire was the one that started the fire when he was making attempt to refuel his generator.
He died on the spot and was taken away in an ambulance.
The General Manager of Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Femi Osanyintolu also confirmed the report.
He said a preliminary investigation uncovered that an attempt to refuel a powered generator was responsible for the fire outbreak.
One eyewitness at the scene of the market fire reported that the fire started from one of the buildings opposite Oluwole Car Park:
“The fire started from a building opposite Oluwole Car Park on Martins Street Anambra plaza. The fire engulfed some major high rise buildings and plazas including Aloy plaza, Anambra plaza, and Sunnyland plaza.”