in

Cardi B donates ₦2.8million to family of 15-year-old murdered in Bronx

Cardi B has donated $8,000 (about ₦2.8million) to the family of a 15-year-old boy, Lesandro ‘Junior’ Guzman-Feliz, who was stabbed to death in a brutal attack.

Cardi B donates ₦2.8million to family of 15-year-old murdered in Bronx lailasnews


Lesandro ‘Junior’ Guzman-Feliz was brutally murdered with a machete after gang members mistook him for a man in an online sex tape last Wednesday.

Lesandro was dragged out of a Bronx bodega and slashed to death. After his story made international headlines and video of the harrowing killing was published online, Bronx-born and raised rapper Cardi B donated $8,000 to Junior’s GoFundMe account.

Cardi B donates ₦2.8million to family of 15-year-old murdered in Bronx lailasnews 1
15 year old Lesandro ‘Junior’ Guzman-Feliz

She then spoke out on Instagram demanding justice for the teenager’s life.

Cardi B wrote on Instagram:

“#justiceforjunior 🇩🇴R.I.P. .These Bronx streets are ruthless (sic)”

Cardi B – who made the donation under her real name Belcalis Almanzar – also called for the police to do more in such situations.

She added:

“What p**s me off the most is that these BX cops be harassing the s**t outta people then they see a boy bleeding to death and ask what happen ?”uuuummmmmmmm

How bout you call the ambulance like ya be calling for back up when ya see n***as smoking in front of a building !!!!!

People be like”call the police!” Call the police!!” But for what the operators be asking you questions for like 4 minutes on the phone with an attitude and the cops come maaa lateeee. (sic)”

Cardi posted a picture of Junior lying in a hospital bed, and later shared a clip of his 48-year-old mother Leandra Feliz thanking the rapper and others for their heartfelt donations.

READ ALSO!
Man allegedly kills another over N200 in Lagos

Lesandro 'Junior' Guzman-Feliz lying in the hospital lailasnews

Cardi responded to the emotional video saying it made her tear up.

‘Ma’am, I know that your nights have been long and sad. Maybe you cry and wake up thinking that it was a nightmare.

Soon you will feel more protected because you will feel your child and you will have signs that the IS is with you,’ Cardi wrote to the mother in Spanish.

‘May your family have peace soon and may God always have your child in Glory …’ she added.

The ‘Be Careful’ hitmaker encouraged her Instagram followers to “check out” the GoFundMe account, which has raised more than $147,000 for Junior’s family so far. Cardi wrote on Instagram:

“Shheeeshhh this made me teared and made me feel soooo special like i feel maa special

“There’s a gofundme account for Junior make sure ya check it out ! (sic)”

The Bronx, New York is where Cardi was born and raised.

READ ALSO!
Stop blaming me for Bola Ige’s murder - Omisore tells opponents

The horrific attack on Lesandro ‘Junior’ Guzman-Feliz unfolded at 11:40pm on Wednesday when Junior was dragged out of a bodega and slashed with a machete by five gang members.

Following the attack, gang leaders issued out an apology via Snapchat.

The victim’s brother-in-law Derek Grullon, 19, told the New York Daily News that he’s received messages on Facebook from men claiming to be part of Trinitarios, a Dominican gang known for violence.

‘They said, ‘We had the wrong person”.’

 

The victim’s sister received similar messages. She got a two-minute video via Snapchat in which the gang leader ‘said they kicked all of them out of the gang.’

Upon getting the message, ‘We cried’, Grullon told the Post. ‘He was innocent.’

According to the News, the sex tape that started the fracas showed one man rapping while another had sex with a woman whose face was covered in a shirt. It’s not clear which of the two men Guzman-Feliz may have been mistaken for.

‘They’re just saying it wasn’t for Junior, it was somebody else but they confused them and they say sorry and they apologize and they send their condolences,’ a relative told the police. ‘He’s gone, that doesn’t change anything.’

Junior’s mother hopes the men who killed her son take their confession to the authorities.

READ ALSO!
Reporters robbed of their equipment while filming documentary on crime

Dermot F. Shea, chief of detectives at the New York Police Department, took to Twitter to appeal for the public to help out with their enquiries.

He wrote:

“In the Bronx on 6/20, 15-yr-old Junior Guzman-Feliz was fatally stabbed by the men in the photo (on right). He was never going to give up on his dream of being an NYPD detective & WE’LL NEVER GIVE UP ON HIM.

“Someone out there knows these men, all wanted for the brutal murder of 15-yr-old Lesandro “Junior” Guzman-Ortiz in #thebronx. Take a good look at each. It’s up to you to help us get #JUSTICEFORJUNIOR. (sic)”

On Sunday night he wrote:

“INTERIM UPDATE: We have made arrests regarding the murder of 15-yr-old Lesandro “Junior” Guzman-Feliz. Confirmed details to follow. This is still an active investigation. Your tips have been invaluable! Please keep them coming. 800-577-TIPS. #justiceforjunior #GangFreeBronx (sic)”

Source: LailasNews.com

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Mimi Orijekwe denies saying 'acting cannot give you much money' lailasnews 1

Mimi Orijekwe denies saying ‘acting cannot give you much money’

D’banj son Death Funke Adesiyan recalls how she lost a child 3 years ago lailasnews

D’banj son Death: Funke Adesiyan recalls how she lost a child 3 years ago