A tragedy which struck in Umundu Community, Udenu Local Government Area of Enugu, left a boy burnt to death from suspected kerosene ignited fire.
The State’s police PRO Ebere Amaraizu who confirmed the incident in a statement on Tuesday, said the incident occurred on Sunday night. According to the police spokesperson, the boy was burnt to death from suspected kerosene ignited fire which broke out and engulfed the whole apartment on that fateful day.
“It was gathered that the incident occurred when the victim, little Chikamso Nnamani, about 8 years old, had tried to refill their lamp with kerosene.
“But unfortunately, the light went wild and quickly engulfed the whole house.
“It was further gathered that as occupants were scampering for safety, the said Chikamso ran towards another direction where he was allegedly consumed by the fire,’’ he said.
NAN reported that Amaraizu further disclosed that a full-scale investigation has commenced into the incident, as the serene community had been thrown into mourning this festive season following the unfortunate incident.