A touching video has showed the moment a father was trying his best to keep his son safe during the Beirut explosion earlier today.
At least 10 bodies have been taken to hospitals with hundreds of people wounded in a huge blast that ripped through Lebanon’s capital, Beirut.
We had earlier shared a video of the horrifying moment the huge explosion ripped through Beirut.
The powerful blast on Tuesday shook several parts of Beirut, sending huge plumes of smoke into the sky.
A Lebanese security source and a medical source told Reuters that at least 10 bodies have been taken to hospitals following the massive explosion in Beirut’s port area.
“I was kilometres away; the glass broke everywhere around me,” said Al Jazeera’s Zeina Khodr, reporting from Beirut.
“The explosion was felt across the city,” she added. “There is chaos in the streets.”
Local media showed people trapped beneath rubble. A witness described the first explosion as deafening. Video footage showed wrecked cars and blast-damaged buildings.
A new video has now showed the heartbreaking moment a man was trying his best to keep his son safe during the blast.
In the video, the dad can be seen standing in the middle of their house in Beirut (obviously in despair after the first blast.
He tries his best to shield his child from the unknown danger, as he paces around the living room shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’.
As the second blast is heard, partially affecting their house, he puts the young child under the cabinet so as to protect him.
Watch the touching video below;
Touching video of Father trying to keep his son safe, away from the blast at a house in Beirut.pic.twitter.com/FQvS7XPUwj
— Lailasnews.com (@Lailasnews_com) August 4, 2020
The video is one of many shocking footages which have emerged from the blast. The father can obviously be seen caring more about the child’s safety than his.