A social media user as claimed that a year old baby is dead after the parent wore a face mask for it.
Taking to Twitter, user @The_Ronkee, question why someone would wear a face mask for a baby, as she claimed the baby lost its life moments after.
Many users were left in shock by the claims, as they questioned why someone would wear a mask for a baby.
See what @The_Ronkee wrote below;
“How do you wear face mask for a year old baby? Now baby don die”
How do you wear face mask for a year old baby? Now baby don die
— IYA ONI JERSEY 💵💴💶💷 (@The_Ronkee) May 19, 2020
People have been warned against wearing a face mask for a baby. Both the CDC and the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) advise against mask-wearing in individuals under age two years.
If a mask is too tight, an infant or toddler may not be able to vocalize breathing difficulties.
If an infant falls asleep while wearing a mask, they can, indeed, suffocate in a manner very similar to what happens to a baby suffering from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, or SIDS.