The highest paid YouTuber of 2018 is no other than the 8-year-old Ryan ToysReview who beat Logan and PewDiePie and other top names associated with the list.
Ryan ToysReview, an American kid who loves Lego, trains, cars, Disney and his 17 million followers who generated him over 26 billion views, Metro UK reports.
The young lad has managed to out-earn even the likes of YouTube giant Jeffree Star who is linked to the one and only Kim Kardashian.
And thanks to his content, young Ryan has managed to earn $22 million (£17 million) in 2018 with appearances from his parents and twin sisters.
Ryan’s earnings, which do not include tax or fees charged by agents or lawyers, have doubled compared with the previous year when he was placed in eighth place after bringing in $11 million (£8 million) in revenue between 2016 and 2017.
Asked by NBC why kids liked watching his videos, Ryan replied:
‘Because I’m entertaining and I’m funny.’
His channel was set up by his parents when he was just four, in March 2015, and Forbes reports that all but $1million (£700k) of the $22 million total is generated by advertising shown before videos, with the rest coming from sponsored posts.
As he is still a child, 15% of Ryan’s earnings are put into a bank account that he can access when he has grown up.
His twin sisters feature in their spin-off channel called Ryan’s Family Review which is one of six of the extra channel’s Ryan is a part of.
The 10 Richest YouTubers of 2018
1. Ryan ToysReview – $22 million (£17 million)
2. Jake Paul – $21.5 million (£16.8 million)
3. Dude Perfect – £20 million (£15 million)
4. DanTDM – $18.5 million (£14.5 million)
5. Jeffree Star – $18 million (£14 million)
6. Markiplier – $17.5 million (£13.7 million)
7. Vanoss Gaming – $17 million (£13 million)
8. Jacksepticeye – $16 million (£12.5 million)
9. PewDiePie – $15.5 million (£12 million)
10. Logan Paul – $14.5 million (£11 million)