Seven members of the same family have reportedly died of food poisoning after eating corn meal at Auki village of Bungudu Local Government Area of Zamfara State.
Two housewives and five children of thesame family have died according to reports while the husband on hearing the news, developed a mental disorder.
According to an eye witness, the family members died on Tuesday night after consuming a meal prepared with corn (Tuwon Masala) by one of the housewives.
They were said to have developed stomach pains after consuming the food.
Three persons died instantly and four others were pronounced dead at Bungudu General Hospital, Zamfara state.
The doctor on duty confirmed that the deceased died of food poisoning.
It was gathered that the husband who was not home when his family ate the meal has developed a mental disorder and can neither speak nor eat.