in

60-year-old man who slept off while cooking, killed by fire in Lagos

A fire incident which occurred at  Foundation Close, Opebi, in the Ikeja area of Lagos State, reportedly claimed the life of a 60-year-old man identified simply as Monday, who reportedly slept off while cooking.

60-year-old man who slept off while cooking, killed by fire in Lagos lailasnews 1


It was gathered that the man’s properties was destroyed by the fire which razed down his residence, after he slept off while he was preparing food on the gas cooker. Punch reported that the effort of officials of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency and the Lagos State Fire Service who responded to a distress call, prevented the incident from escalating.

The victim’s corpse was discovered after the fire was put out and was taken away by officials of the State Environmental Health Monitoring Unit.

“When emergency workers arrived at the scene,  they discovered that a residential apartment was involved. Investigation showed that the resident of the apartment slept off while cooking” a source said.

Few months ago it was reported that an overnight fire killed a family of four, simply identified as Eze’s family, at No. 13, Buraimoh street, Bariga area of Lagos.

The Director of Lagos State Fire Service, Mr Rasak Fadipe, who confirmed the incident said the incident occurred at about 2.48 a.m.

READ ALSO!
EFCC asks customs to place Fayose on watch list, prevent him from leaving Nigeria

He said personnel of the service got to the scene of the incident as soon as they got information about the fire, but that due to the double burglary irons on the door and window of the apartment, they were unable to reach the victims in time.

“The apartment is a chemist store. The father, mother, and two children of ages five and eight were found dead inside the store.

“We advise that although one needs security in his or her house or business place, it should not be to the detriment of the people.

“Members of the family should always know the exist of their apartment whenever there is an emergency,” the director said.

Source: LailasNews.com

3 Comments

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Imo family arrested for killing 17-year-old boy lailasnews

Imo family arrested for killing 17-year-old boy

Nigerians to pay more for cigarettes, alcohol from today lailasnews

Nigerians to pay more for cigarettes, alcohol from today